My family member has passed away and I want to put my name/whanau trust under their shares.

Contact the Maori Land Court to succeed to these shares and once you have done this the Tenths receives the succession in the mail from the Maori Land Court then we update our records.

Can I log on to the database and look at the value of the shares that I have in Palmerston North Maori Reserve Trust?

Yes you can log on to the database. If you don’t have a login you will need to apply for one from our staff.  Email info@tekau.maori.nz to apply. Once you have received your login then you can access the site here  You can also update your address, add in your email address and other contact information, and take a look at the distribution amounts paid previously.

I have my bank account and IRD number can I give it to you over the phone?

No we prefer you post these to us at PO Box 39294, Lower Hutt 5045, or email us on info@tekau.maori.nz so we have a record of your details.  If you have a login to the database you can also update through the database.

Why have I not received my distribution payment?

This usually happens if we do not have your bank information.  Please contact us on 0508 445 64564 or email us with your contact information on info@tekau.maori.nz

What is the minimum accumulated distribution for owners that the Trusts pay out into bank accounts?

The costs incurred to distribute the dividend (producing a cheque, posting a cheque, administration staff time, cheques being reversed, returned, with the administration sometimes costing more than the value of the payment; and then for international cheques the international transaction fee incurred is sometimes more than the distribution amount), so the following resolution was accepted at both annual general meetings by owners: That the minimum accumulated distribution for owners that have overseas bank accounts to be $100 and that the minimum accumulated distribution amount for owners that have New Zealand bank accounts to be $50.

Can I still receive my distribution by cheque?

The Palmerston North Māori Reserve Trust determined in 2017 that that is the last year that payments are made by cheque.

My name on the database is not correct how do I change this?

The Maori Land Court relies on oral evidence being given during court hearings and sometimes the name is recorded as the one that you are known by in your family rather than your legal name.  You must change this through the Maori Land Court and there is a form on their website that you can complete, or your can go along to one of their offices.

What are my shares worth?

The value of shares is noted in Annual Report. Click here to read a paper that has been prepared about Buying and Selling Shares.

Can I transfer or sell my land?

You can transfer your Maori land interests as a gift or by way of sale by applying to the Maori Land Court. Visit the Maori Land Court website for further information by clicking this link

Does the Palmerston North Maori Reserve Trust provide grants or scholarships?

No. However you can access the Generosity website to gain access to grants and scholarships for free.  www.generosity.org.nz gives you access to more than 4,000 scholarships and awards for individuals through the givME service. It is a valuable tool and is available in any school, university, or council library that has subscribed. If you can’t access the Generosity website through these avenues, then register online at the Wellington City Council library www.wcl.govt. nz/about/joining/. Whānau of Palmerston North Maori Reserve Trust have access through our sister Trust, Wellington Tenths Trust.

Does the Trust provide a grant to help with tangihanga/bereavement?

As resolved at the 2011 joint meeting of the Wellington Tenths Trust and the Palmerston North Maori Reserves Trust, where there is a death of an owner or descendant of an owner, after verification through the database the Trusts may make a koha amount of up to $200 from each Trust’s tangihanga fund. Please call the Executive Office on 0508 445 645.

Is Wellington Tenths Trust and Palmerston North Maori Reserves one in the same as Port Nicholson Block Settlement Trust (PNBST)?

No, we are separate entities.  The Port Nicholson Block Settlement Trust was established in August 2008 to receive and manage the settlement package for Taranaki Whānui ki Te Upoko o Te Ika. As part of the settlement process, the Crown required that the establishment of the Trust be ratified by those registered with the Port Nicholson Block Claim in 2007. The Deed of Settlement was signed on 19 August 2008. If you need to contact PNBST please call them on 0800 767 8642, email reception@portnicholson.org.nz Their offices are based in the Tramways Building, 1-3 Thorndon Quay, Wellington.

If you have any questions please fill in the form below: